Eat a Healthy and Balanced DietSome people don't really understand how important eating healthy food is to us. Let's look at some statement:
1. Over a billion people worldwide are now overweight and 300 million are clinically obese. People who are overweight have a higher risk of developing serious health problems in later life, including heart disease, diabetes, stroke, type 2 diabetes, bowel cancer, and high blood pressure. Most people put on excess weight because their lifestyles include an unhealthy diet and a lack of physical activity.
2. According to Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention, post-menopausal women may reduce their risk of developing cancer by 35% if they eat a healthy diet and lead a healthy lifestyle. This result was based on 29,564 post-menopausal women, aged 55-69 for a research period of 13 years.
3. People who ate three or more servings of fruit per day have 36% lower risk of developing the sight loss than people who ate less than one and a half servings per day. (According to Archives of Ophthalmology)
4. Eat low fat food regularly can reduce the chance of developing heart disease and certain cancers.
5. Calorie reduction can increase life expectancy by up to 30 percent
6.Vitamins can cut cancer death rates by 37%
7. Foods that contain the mineral selenium and plant-based chemical sulforaphane in combination may have a 13 times greater ability to protect against cancer than when the food compounds are used separately. ...
this from Nicholas Zhou, I like it......
by Nicholas Zhou. I am the author of the bestselling cookbook Real And Healthy Chinese Cooking (see book cover below). Most likely you came to this site because you love Chinese food and you want to learn how to cook real and healthy Chinese food at home. Or you think Chinese food is healthy and you want to eat healthier food.